Relevant Product: Signature Manager Exchange Edition
WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 September 2022:
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition
The end of Support for these products is 30th September 2024.
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
You are installing or upgrading to Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition. In the installation wizard you change the installation path (default C:\Program Files\Exclaimer Ltd\Signature Manager Exchange Edition) to another folder path or drive letter.
During installation, the following error is logged:
Installation fails and/or the Microsoft Exchange Transport service is unable to start successfully.
This error is displayed when the NETWORK SERVICE account does not have sufficient privileges to the installation directory.
To grant the NETWORK SERVICE account permissions to the installation path:
- Manually create the installation folder path on the server (example: D:\Program Files\Exclaimer Ltd\Signature Manager Exchange Edition).
- Right-click on the installation folder and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab then click Edit:
The Permissions window is displayed.
- Click Add:
The Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups window is displayed.
- In Enter the object names to select, enter NETWORK SERVICE then click OK:
The Permissions window is again displayed.
- From the Group or user names, select the NETWORK SERVICE user.
- From Permissions for NETWORK SERVICE, select Full control:
- Click OK twice.