Relevant Products: Signature Manager Exchange Edition | Signature Manager Outlook Edition
WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 September 2022:
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition
The end of Support for these products is 30th September 2024.
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
You have created and deployed a signature template but user data such as job title, fax number and so on are not populated on the user’s signature when it is appended to an email.
You have also confirmed that the user does have a job title specified in Active Directory.
Exclaimer products will query the Global Catalog for the user attribute data from the Active Directory. You must ensure that the Active Directory attributes are present in the Active Directory schema and configured to replicate to the Global Catalog.
Please follow the steps below to configure the attribute to replicate to the Global Catalog:
- On the Domain Controller computer, click Start > Run.
- Type mmc and press [Enter]. The Microsoft Management Console will open.
- Click File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
The Add or Remove Snap-ins window is displayed.
- From the list of Available snap-ins, select the Active Directory Schema. Click Add > and then click OK:
If the Active Directory Schema snap-in is not available to choose from then you must register the schmmgmt.dll file in the command prompt using the following command:
- Once the Active Directory Schema is opened, click on the Attributes folder and search for the attribute.
- Right-click on the attribute and select Properties:
The Properties window is displayed.
- Ensure that the Replicate this attribute to the Global Catalog option is enabled:
- Click OK to save the changes made and close the window.