Relevant Product: Signature Manager Exchange Edition
WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 September 2022:
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition
The end of Support for these products is 30th September 2024.
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
You have configured Signature Manager Exchange Edition, and you would like to test mail flow on your Exchange and also test the mail content itself.
The 'pickup' folder on the Exchange server is a useful tool for testing mail flow on your Exchange and testing the mail content itself if you are wishing to test an odd visual effect on an email signature.
To confirm the pickup folder location:
- Open the Exchange Management Shell and type in the following command:
To use the Pickup feature:
- Once the location is confirmed, you can place/create a file into that location with the .EML file type and Exchange will attempt to process this as normal.
In its simplest form, the file needs the data for FROM, TO, SUBJECT and any test for the body.
- You can also paste any mail body or HTML code etc to test anything specific.
With this created, move the file into the pickup folder.
The name of the file itself is not important, just the file extension.
Within 5-10 seconds the file will change to a .tmp file and will not be editable during this time and when completed the file will disappear.
The email should then be received as per the content of the EML file, allowing you to confirm the mail flow and any other issues that the mail should have experienced.