WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 June 2021 and are no longer available for purchase or supported:
- Exclaimer Auto Responder
- Exclaimer Email Alias Manager for Exchange
- Exclaimer Mail Archiver
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
You have deployed Exclaimer Mail Archiver and would like to have your user's Internet Explorer home page set up on the Mail Archiver search website for their convenience.
Using Group Policy (a feature of Microsoft Active Directory) you can quickly and easily update all your domain computers to have their Internet Explorer home page set to the Mail Archiver search website (without needing to visit each computer in your organization).
Follow these steps on a Domain Controller in your environment:
- Click Start and point to All Programs, Administrative Tools.
- Click Group Policy Management to open the Group Policy Management console.
- From the left-hand side, expand Forest, Domains then click your domain.
In the central pane, the list of policies appears.
- Right-click on the domain policy and from the menu select Edit.
The Group Policy Management Editor window is displayed.
- From the left-hand side, expand User Configuration, Windows Settings, Internet Explorer Maintenance then click URLs.
- From the right-pane, double-click Important URLs to open the Important URLs dialog.
- Check the Customize Home page URL checkbox.
- In the Home page URL text box, enter the address (including port) for the Mail Archiver search.
http://archiver:53444Note: If you use an intranet address then the website will only be accessible from inside your corporate network.
For users with portable laptop computers who wish to use the search outside their corporate network, they will need to set up an external internet address for the website or use a VPN connection.
- Click OK. You are returned to the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Close the Group Policy Management Editor.
You are returned to the Group Policy Management console.
- Close the Group Policy Management console.
- Changes will be updated to the Group Policy immediately.
- Computers on your network will receive the new settings the next time their group policy is updated; this can take several hours.
-To force an immediate update on a specific computer, run the following command on that specific computer: