Relevant Products: Signature Manager Outlook Edition
WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 September 2022:
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition
The end of Support for these products is 30th September 2024.
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
Even after you've disabled the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 3.0 in your Exchange environment for security compliance, you notice that the Outlook Web App (OWA) signatures fail to update.
The following error message is logged in the Exclaimer Application event logs, in Event Viewer, on the server or PC where the Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition is installed:
When you disable TLS 1.0 or SSL3, you need to ensure that TLS 1.2 is enabled for .NET Framework version 4.x.
To enable TLS 1.2 for .NET 4.x
- From Notepad.exe, create a text file and name it NET4X-UseSchannelDefaults.reg.
- Copy then paste the following text:
- Save the NET4X-UseSchannelDefaults.reg file.
- Double-click the NET4X-UseSchannelDefaults.reg file.
- Click Yes to update your Windows Registry with these changes.
- Restart your computer for the change to take effect.