Relevant Products: Signature Manager Outlook Edition
WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 September 2022:
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition
The end of Support for these products is 30th September 2024.
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
You are using Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition and clients are reporting the signatures are not updating on their machines. After reviewing the Event Viewer on the user's machine you find the below error logged for the Exclaimer Update Client event:
This issue occurs when the ExSync client attempts to connect to the mailbox via MAPI to deploy the Outlook Web Access (OWA) configuration.
To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Create a service account called ExclaimerOWAUpdates and configure the permissions; for more information on how to configure the permissions, see Applying Application Impersonation permissions.
- Once this has been completed, set up the OWA Updates from Server feature; for more information on how to set up, see Configuring OWA updates from server.
- Once this feature has been configured save the console and allow up to 15 minutes for the signatures to deploy to the share.
- Restart the ExSync client on the desktop to complete the sync process.