WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 June 2021 and are no longer available for purchase or supported:
- Exclaimer Auto Responder
- Exclaimer Email Alias Manager for Exchange
- Exclaimer Mail Archiver
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
You are using the Exclaimer Mail Archiver Outlook Add-In on a computer with Outlook 2013 that has no internet connection. You observe that the Outlook Add-In takes several seconds longer to load and you may see the following dialog from Microsoft Outlook:
ReasonThe Exclaimer Mail Archiver Outlook Add-In is digitally signed by Exclaimer to verify its authenticity. This is a requirement for all Add-Ins used with Microsoft Outlook and helps protect users against viruses and unsafe Add-Ins. To verify that the certificate is authentic, your computer needs to verify that the certificate has not been revoked.
ResolutionAs this behaviour is controlled by Microsoft Outlook 2013, we cannot control this delay.
Here's a workaround to prevent the error dialog being presented:
If possible, temporarily connect the computer to the Internet. This will automatically download the list of revoked certificates from Microsoft. Upon completion, the following event will be recorded in the Windows Application Event Log:
|Detail||Successful auto update of disallowed certificate list with effective date: Date|
- Add the following Registry Key which adds the same behaviour as if the user had selected Always enable this add-in from the dialog.
- Launch the RegEdit (Registry Editor).
- Browse to the following key:
- From the Edit menu, select New then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter the DWORD name as Exclaimer.MailArchiver.OutlookAddIn and press [Enter].
To edit the value, you can either right-click the Exclaimer.MailArchiver.OutlookAddIn and select Modify or double-click Exclaimer.MailArchiver.OutlookAddIn.
The Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window is displayed.
- In the Value data box, type 1.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the window.