WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 June 2021 and are no longer available for purchase or supported:
- Exclaimer Auto Responder
- Exclaimer Email Alias Manager for Exchange
- Exclaimer Mail Archiver
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
You are using the Exclaimer Mail Archiver, and you notice on the computer where the software is installed that the Exclaimer Mail Archiver Journal Access Service has stopped. Because of this, the messages have started to queue in the Inbox of the Journal mailbox.
To allow the Administrator to identify a potential problem with the configuration of the software or why messages cannot be archived, the Mail Archiver console is pre-configured to stop the Journal Access Service if the following limits are met:
- If the number of journaled messages where no policies apply exceeds 500.
- If the number of journaled messages meeting only policy exceptions exceeds 500.
- If the number of journaled messages that the Mail Archiver is unable to archive exceeds 500.
- If the number of journaled messages that cannot be read by Mail Archiver exceeds 500.
- If the number of messages in the journal mailbox that are not journal messages exceeds 500.
This article describes the steps on:
- How to identify why the Journal Access Service stopped, and
- How to re-configure the settings to control when the Journal Access Service is stopped.
To identify why the Journal Access Service stopped:
- Click Start, Administrative Tools then select Event Viewer.
From the left-hand tree, expand Applications and Services Logs then click Exclaimer.
The right-hand pane displays a list of events relating to the Exclaimer Mail Archiver. Look for Error events from the Exclaimer Mail Archiver Journal Access Service.
- The text displayed on the General tab describes the reason the service stopped.
For example, because the number of messages where no policy applies has reached a threshold of 500 messages.
Note: If the Journal Access Service has been stopped because the number of Bad Messages has been exceeded then please contact us.
To re-configure the settings to control when the Journal Access Service is stopped:
- Click Start, All Programs, Exclaimer then select Exclaimer Mail Archiver.
The Mail Archiver console is displayed.
- From the left-hand side tree, expand Exclaimer, expand Mail Archiver then expand Journal Mailbox Importers.
- Click the mailbox importer.
Caution: By default, the product is configured with one, however, you may have configured additional importers.
- From the central pane, select the Folder Management tab. This displays all configuration options for when to stop the Journal Access service.
- You can either disable the option by unchecking the tickbox or increase the value displayed: