Relevant Products: Signature Manager Outlook Edition
WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 September 2022:
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition
The end of Support for these products is 30th September 2024.
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
You are using Signature Manager Outlook Edition - signatures are deployed to a shared folder (a deployment share) and the users run ExSync.exe on their computers to retrieve signatures there, for use in Microsoft Outlook.
You notice that if a configuration change is made to Outlook (such as, changing the default signature or defining stationary settings), ExSync.exe displays popup notification bubbles by default - this can be annoying for some users.
You can hide notification bubbles by making a simple change to the configuration file for ExSync.exe. This file is called ExSync.cfg and it can be found in your deployment share.
To do so:
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to your deployment share folder.
If you are not sure where your deployment share is, select any signature deployment policy and check the bottom of the tab; for example:
- Locate and double-click the ExSync.cfg file. The file opens in your default text editor.
- Add the following parameter to the [Global] section:
- Save and close the file.