WARNING! The following products were discontinued on 30 June 2021 and are no longer available for purchase or supported:
- Exclaimer Auto Responder
- Exclaimer Email Alias Manager for Exchange
- Exclaimer Mail Archiver
For more information, please see the Discontinued Questions and Answers page.
The Batch Importer requires a Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) provider installed in order to import email messages from Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes. If you do not have a MAPI provider installed, or the MAPI provider installed is not compatible, then you will receive an error from the Batch Importer once you have selected the store you wish to import your message to.
To configure Outlook as your MAPI provider:
- Configure the Exchange Mailbox Access service account in Mail Archiver.
- Install the appropriate version of Outlook onto the server with Mail Archiver installed.
Reference the table below to determine the correct version of Outlook:
MAPI Provider Exchange 2007 Exchange 2010 Exchange 2013 Exchange 2016 Outlook 2007 x86 ✔ ✔ Outlook 2010 x86 ✔ ✔ Outlook 2013 x86 ✔ ✔ ✔ Outlook 2016 x86 ✔
Log in to the Mail Archiver server using the account configured for the Exchange Mailbox Access service. By default, this would be ExclaimerEMA.
Create an Outlook profile and make a note of the profile name (by default, this will be Outlook).
Enter account details for the Exchange Mailbox Access service account:
Click Next, select Change account settings, then click Next again:
Uncheck Use Cached Exchange Mode for the new mail profile, and click Finish:
Next, you need to add a System Variable on the server with Mail Archiver installed.
To do this:
- Log on to the server with Mail Archiver installed, using an account with administrator privileges.
- Open the Control Panel and click System.
- On the left-hand side, click Advanced System Settings. The System Properties window is displayed.
- Select the Advanced tab then click Environment Variables…:
The Environment Variable window is displayed.
- Under System Variables, click New...
The New Systems Variable window is displayed.
- In Variable name, add a new variable with the name EXMAPI_PROFILE (all uppercase).
- In Variable value, enter the name of the Outlook profile (which you created earlier). This is case sensitive:
- Click OK to save the new system variable.
Click OK to save the changes made.
Once complete, you will be able to import emails from the mailboxes on your Exchange server using Mail Archiver’s Batch Importer.